Monday, March 2, 2009

Kindergarten Roundup

Every year, each school district conducts what is known as "Kindergarten Roundup" in which parents must register their children for Kindergarten. Azusa's roundup began today. Samantha will turn five in 3 weeks and will begin Kindergarten this coming school year. Our school of choice has only one Kindergarten class with only 20 available openings... and on a first come, first serve basis. To ensure her enrollment I had to save my place in line and that meant waking up @ 2:30 a.m. and lining up in front of the school @ 3:00 a.m. I know what you're thinking... is it really worth it? She must be CRAZY! The payoff at the end of today for me was the sense of satisfaction in knowing that Samantha is successfully registered for Kindergarten. I was the third person in line. 

Let me explain, Monique attended the same Kindergarten class and I know that it was a blessing to both her and us. She really learned so much and by the end of the school year she was reading at a First grade level. To me, the lack of sleep is worth it for the sake of their education. I know that they will thank me for this one day. I will remind them of this when I get old and they are considering placing me in a nursing home.  :)

So to sum it all up... I haven't slept since 2:30 this morning, Samantha is registered for Kindergarten and I WILL HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR FOR NATALIE!!!! All in a days work for this busy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment